|Catholic Schools Week Pix Posted|
|Yearly Calendar 2015-2016 NEW Updated!|
|Principal's Update Jan 29|
|Hot Lunch Program FEBRUARY posted!|
|C.A.R.E.S. Info and Forms|
|St. Charles Borromeo School Handbook|
|Manna and Supermarket|
|Honeywell Instant Alert|
|Constant Contact Sign Up|
|FACTS Program Sign-up|
|Beta Club, Sports, Nurse, Uniforms|
|Star Students and Alumni|
|SCB Weather Station|
|SCB Parish||SCBS at a Glance|
St. Charles Borromeo Parish School provides a high-quality academic and religious education for boys and girls in grades PreK-3 through 8th grade. Operating within the Diocese of Trenton, St. Charles is centrally located in Cinnaminson, New Jersey and draws students from over 12 area school districts. Through instruction in Catholic faith and values, our students learn respect for God's creation, regard for the dignity of the human person, and responsibility as people of God.
An Overview of St. Charles
"Let it be known to all who enter here - that Christ is the reason for this school. The unseen but ever present teacher in its classes. The model of its faculty. The inspiration of its students."
• Enrollment : On average, St. Charles Borromeo School enrolls approximately 300 students in grades PreK-3 to 8. Our small school size creates a personalized, nurturing environment where our students can flourish.
• School Structure: We offer a tailored focus on four educational groups - early childhood, primary, upper elementary, and middle grades - to meet the unique academic and social needs of children at these stages of development.
• Faculty, Staff, Administration: Our certified teachers provide a nurturing atmosphere and serve as models of Christian life to both students and parents.
• Class Size: Our teacher/student ratio averages 1/18 students.
• Curriculum: Designed by the Diocese of Trenton, our curriculum is aligned with New Jersey Core Curriculum Content as well as national standards. Faith values are integrated into all curriculum areas. A variety of instruction strategies are used to teach to students’ individual learning styles. In addition to traditional subjects, weekly instruction is offered to all students in Music, Art, Physical Education, Library, Computer Technology, and Spanish. An Enrichment Math program is available for qualifying students. Supplemental and Compensatory Education programs are also available for students needing extra support.
• Faith Development: We offer daily religion instruction in grades PreK-3 to 8; prayer and reflection; class and school liturgies; sacramental preparation; Catholic traditions, including Advent, Stations of the Cross, May Crowning, etc.; and programs/assemblies that support positive Christian values.
• Accreditation: Advance Ed Accredited
• Standardized Testing: In keeping with national requirements, our students are evaluated annually through the TerraNova series of standardized achievement tests published by McGraw-Hill. These tests assess student achievement in reading, language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
• Technology: Each classroom is equipped with at least two computers with Internet access. Classrooms are also equipped with flat screen TV monitors connected to the computer for whole class presentations. St. Charles also houses a state-of-the art computer lab containing 27 new Macintosh computers with internet access.
• Computers: We offer weekly student lab instruction in addition to classroom integration; students are trained in the use of Microsoft Office and other age-appropriate software.
• Honeywell Instant Alert System: This system generates telephone and email alerts to all of our families simultaneously in order to allow for fast communication of vital information as needed.
• Extended-Day Program: The CARES Program (“Children Are Receiving Extended-Day Services”) offers a safe, secure and fun program for families who require morning or afternoon services for their children beyond the scheduled school day. The program is offered to students in grades Pre-K 3 to grade 8 for a nominal fee. It provides opportunities for homework completion, play, snacks, and social interaction among the children.
• Lunch Program: An optional daily lunch program is offered to all students at a nominal cost through the volunteer support of our Parent Teacher Association.
• Facilities: Our main school building houses classrooms, computer lab, library, and cafeteria. An adjacent building houses two classrooms for our Early Childhood program. Our grounds offer a large grassy area for play, a basketball court, and a separate, fenced in play area for the early childhood and extended-day programs.
• Graduates: 90% of the Class of 2012 attend Catholic high schools.
• Tuition: St. Charles Borromeo School offers competitive tuition rates with several payment options. Financial aid and scholarships are also available for eligible families.